WisDOT’s Local Roads Program Web Tool, LRIPWeb, Now Easier to Use
July 23, 2020 | wcha-admin
LRIPWeb, the web-based tool that allows communities to manage their Local Roads Improvement Program (LRIP) dollars and public road projects, has been improved.
The enhanced LRIPWeb was released on June 22, 2020. It was developed by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) in response to feedback from LRIP partners, and is a more intuitive and efficient tool.
NEW FEATURES ENHANCE USER EXPERIENCE
While retaining the LRIPWeb format that users are familiar with, some of the changes based on stakeholder feedback that were incorporated into LRIPWeb to enhance the user experience are:
- An accordion style format that guides the user through the process, allowing easier navigation both backwards and forwards, with subtle color coding to indicate the completed steps, all on one screen.
- On-screen instructions were reworked to be more intuitive, with the goal of reducing the number of returned applications and reimbursement requests.
- Quick access buttons were added in the header of some screens which allow the user a “short-cut” to project documents and shared comments with one click.
- To assist with correspondence between LRIPWeb users, each screen allows the user to enter shared comments that become “pop-up” notices for the next user as the request is promoted or demoted through the application and opened from their work queue.
- The mapping function has been improved and provides the user an instant on-screen map of the selected road section(s) and a dynamic road section diagram to assist the user with road width calculation.
- Users are now allowed to enter separate improvement criteria for multiple road sections within the same project application, and the SMA will now list all the road improvement information.
- The secure Transportation Assistance System (TAS) log-in allows the application to prefill information for you, including the names and addresses of your local officials and your name and title, based on your unique email address, enabling you to simply check a box as confirmation of your electronic signature.
LRIP program participants can learn more about the enhancements through videos, webinars and other educational materials on the LRIP website at: WisconsinDOT.gov/LRIP.
For additional questions, please contact Patrick Vander Sanden, WisDOT LRIP Program Manager at 608.266.0775 or via email.